- 361 words
- 1 min
Bealoc, aka Beacon of Location, periodically sends a beacon about current location to a central server to keep track of your location.
Installed as an administrator to smartphones, it can keep track of your location automaticaaly. By keeping your location history, it can identify when you are moving, which area you are in, how long you have been there and so on without user intervention.
Solves following problems
- Find stolen or lost devices
- Safety device when travelling in hostile location
- Personal location tracking
- Stress signal and SOS beacon when something unexpected happens in hostile environment
- Stress call to local police and relatives for immediate dispatch for help
- Coupled with heartbeat tracker, it can call ambulance along with location information.
- In case of death, investigation can start with its logs
It will benefit
- Solo travelers including men, women, elders, etc.
- Health patients
- Forgetful people who often misplace things
- Highly self-conscious users who want to measure every aspect of their lives
- Develop mobile app and the central server
- Develop interface to contact police, ambulance, and other local authorities
- Develop mapping service to get infomation on criminally hot zones
- Develop small gadgets and IoT devices and integrate with the mobile app
- Work in collaboration with the police and the government
Any smartphone with gps, GSM network will do the trick. The app will also detect harsh movements, noise and other signals when travelling in
red-zones when configured to. This can help keep oneself safe and notify the authorities automatically. As a safety device, there will be profiles which will get activated based on geo-fencing by using crime statistics and police data and will help users keep alert and safe through information, stress call, automatic notifications and increased location beacon. Users will configure it once and forget about it altogether.
This can also be used to keep a personal log of your daily location activity for archival purposes. Hardware addons like gps modules, wrist bands, etc will extend its reach to people of all range groups.
Marketed as a security and safety device to people of all range groups. Initially, it will be limited to smartphone users.