Boring News Inittiative
- Dinesh Bhattarai
- 234 words
- 2 min
Boring News aims to make news boring again, removing any biases, disproportionate emphasis and checking the facts for accuracy and truth. It aims to educate people with accurate news.
News is information about current events. Most of the news is meaningless individually. They lose value as time goes. After a year, most of the news become completely irrelevant. However, history is about understanding the past, finding a pattern and avoiding past mistakes. News is a kind of historical archive.
Problems with News
- Relevant for low timespan
- Fake news
- Large volume
- Low quality
- Lack of moral responsibility
Make news boring again.
- Extract meaningful information.
- Aggregate news from various sources and create a picture of whole truth.
- Remove irrelevant pieces.
- Collect statistics
- Create value for long term in the future.
- Archival of news.
- Deep understanding, pattern extraction to create new outline, perspectives to look at the bigger picture.
- Look at short-term and long-term importance of the news, anlyze it and present it.
- Finally remove Newness from News and make it old and boring.
- Remove subjectivity from news and add objectivity.
- Improvise upon News Values
- Experiment with the definition and values and news and define a better definition of news.
- Summary, audio generation based on fact.
- Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing
- Mathematics and Statistics
Once a month. A month long project.